- Job title: Production Operative
- Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week. 7.45am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 6.00am - 1.00pm Fridays.
- Salary Range: £13 per hour
- Closing Date:
Airofreem, part of the Airsprung Group, is a converter of a comprehensive range of polyurethane foams and related materials for a wide array of industries including, but not exclusively, furniture, packaging, bedding, acoustic and many more.
Why work for us?
We are established – Airofreem has been around for over 30 years and with its roots in the furniture industry, we supply to many of the UK’s leading furniture brands.
We have great people – We boast a workforce of over 300 people across the Group, many of which have chosen to stay with us for many years. This is an excellent indicator that our team enjoy working for us, and with each other.
First class production and technology – Our customers range from large corporations to individuals, as no job is too big or small. As an independent company not tied to any one supplier, we are able to impartially recommend the best product options to meet customer requirements.
We have an opportunity for a Production Operative to join the Airofreem team at our factory in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. Your day to day role will involve operating the foam cutting machinery to ensure the foam is accurately converted into the required specification for our customers.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:-
- Understanding the production schedule and carrying out foam cutting tasks to production deadlines
- Operating a foam cutting machine
- Accurately cutting foam into the required specification
- Transporting foam around the factory using a fork lift truck
- The lifting of heavy blocks of foam on to the workstation
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Required skills and competencies
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Licence is desirable, although full training will be given to the right candidate
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to organise own workload in line with the production schedule
- Self motivated
What do we offer in return?
- Full time and permanent contract (40 hours per week)
- 22 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Opportunities for overtime
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free parking on site
Don’t see a vacancy that suits you?
We are often looking for skilled people with furniture manufacturing experience. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy listed but feel your skills and experience would benefit our business please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or print an application form here
- Telephone: 01225 754411
- All recruitment enquiries: email@example.com