- Job title: Lead Buyer
- Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Salary Range: Competitive
- Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Airsprung Beds, the biggest division of Airsprung Group PLC, is one of the largest mattress and divan manufacturers in the UK and a leading brand in the bed sector with a sizeable share of the UK market. We supply most of the key retailers and we are geared to servicing the growing digital market offering innovative product formats and Direct Home Delivery.
As Lead Buyer you will build strong and successful relationships with suppliers to ensure that our business receives the best service possible with regards to price, product, timescale and order fulfillment. You will work towards reducing purchasing cost and prevent/reduce the impact of price increases.
This role comes with a competitive salary, a company laptop, company mobile phone and a company car or car allowance. The successful applicant will be based at our Trowbridge site but will be required to travel in the UK and overseas as part of their duties.
A full job description is available on request.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:-
- Price negotiation
- Supplier relationship management
- Liaising with internal departments to work to their requirements, ensure product is approved and is of standard
- Deep understanding of the business and our market to be able to source, advise and consult on new and alternative materials
- Ownership of the purchase variance
- Attending new product development meetings and conferences to view latest innovations.
- Visiting suppliers within the UK and overseas, when required.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Required Skills and Competencies:-
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- A team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to cope with a demanding workload
- Able to take ownership and accountability
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Willing to travel in the UK and abroad
Don’t see a vacancy that suits you?
We are often looking for skilled people with furniture manufacturing experience. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy listed but feel your skills and experience would benefit our business please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com or print an application form here
- Telephone: 01225 754411
- All recruitment enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org