Human Resources Generalist/Advisor (part time)
- Job title: Human Resources Generalist/Advisor (part time)
- Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: 21 per week. There is some flexibility of when these hours are worked over the week.
- Salary Range: £30k to £32 pro rated, depending on experience
- Closing Date: 26th Aug 2022
- Reference Number: ASBHRGA
Contract Type: Permanent
Working hours: 21 hours per week
Direct Reports: 0
Reports to: The Group HR Director for all HR matters, with dotted line reporting into Airsprung Beds Managing Director
The company is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to support the company in the change management programme for the future. This role is to add value to the overall business objectives with HR solutions, policies and procedures.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with heads of departments to develop the HR agenda for the company which includes aligning staff positively to the ongoing business objectives.
- Management development including identifying training needs, and enhancing staff performance if required.
- Working with the company on attracting, selecting and retention of staff
- Contracts and offer letters for new starters to the company.
- Designing and implementing succession planning strategies
- Working with the company on employer branding for attraction of the best candidates for the roles.
- Assisting with improvement to the Induction and Oboarding process.
- Assisting with disciplinary and grievance meetings if required by the Group HR Director
- Keeping up to date with current employment law
Required skills and competencies
- Essential is at least two years’ experience of working in HR, preferably in manufacturing but not essential. Confidentiality and discretion is critical for this role.
- At least Level 5 in CIPD Human Resources Management
- Experience in change management, and employee relations issues
- Must have strong, calm leadership and influencing skills
- Must have excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent listener, gives positive responses with strong problem solving skills
- Must be proactive
- Experience of recruitment and recruitment processes
- Experience of disciplinary and grievance matters
- Must have excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Salary band: £30k to £32k (pro rated) depending on qualification and experience
23 days holiday per year rising to 26 days holiday per year
Company sick pay scheme
Don’t see a vacancy that suits you?
We are often looking for skilled people with furniture manufacturing experience. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy listed but feel your skills and experience would benefit our business please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com or print an application form here
- Telephone: 01225 754411
- All recruitment enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org