Group HR Advisor
- Job title: Group HR Advisor
- Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: 21 per week. There is some flexibility of when these hours are worked over the week.
- Salary Range: £30k to £32 pro rated, depending on experience
- Closing Date: 19th Aug 2022
Job Title: Group Human Resources Advisor (part time)
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Reports to: Group HR Director
Direct Reports: None
Purpose of Job:
To support the Group HR Director in the smooth running of an efficient and effective HR department for 350+ employees for 7 Group companies. The role provides a recruitment service for all Companies, and ad hoc advice on all HR issues. HR administration is a large part of this role, as is use of the PeopleHR system.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment, including advice, recruitment advertising, screening and interviewing
- All contracts and offer letters for new starters to the Group, including administration for all contractual changes
- All administration for 350 employees as required
- Must have HR System knowledge, preferably People HR but not essential
- Attending disciplinary and grievance meetings as required by the Group HR Director
- To carry out induction training as required
- To carry out Exit interviews as required
- File maintenance
- Notetaking in meetings.
- Advice on ad hoc employee relation issues
- Maternity and paternity meetings as required.
- Looking at ways to improve HR processes
- Collating and reporting on data for the Group HR Director
- Keeping up to date with employment law
Essential to be considered:
- Must have worked in an HR Officer/Advisor role previously
- Must have at least Level 3 CIPD qualification
- Experience of working in HR and all processes, preferably in manufacturing but not essential. Confidentiality and discretion is critical for this role.
- Experience of recruitment and recruitment processes
- Experience in change management, and employee relations issues.
- Experience of disciplinary and grievance matters
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Some flexibility is required, with the ability to work to deadlines.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good listening skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of PeopleHR or similar HR information system.
- Permanent position
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro-rated) (rising to 26 days holiday)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Long service awards
- Free on site car parking
Please send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or press the Apply Now button below.
Don’t see a vacancy that suits you?
We are often looking for skilled people with furniture manufacturing experience. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy listed but feel your skills and experience would benefit our business please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or print an application form here
- Telephone: 01225 754411
- All recruitment enquiries: email@example.com